Current cofounder CEO of Adsence media shares the benefits of starting your business as a young person
I
started young. Really young. I tried my first real business idea at 12
then tried again pretty much every year until 15. At 15, I was able to
generate a few thousand dollars per month in profit for myself when I
felt like it. I was young & stupid until 17 when I realized I should
build a business to consistently grow profits. So, I’m 27 now and have
15 years of business experience. I’m on a whole different level than
your average 27 year old.
To me, the benefits are clear:
1. You don’t have to worry about bills usually. Your
parents usually worry about this, or you can get by on very little if
you’re in a less privileged circumstance. So, you can take risks without
worrying about feeding your wife/husband & kids. You can even work a
job, go to school, and spend a few hours on the side. There is plenty
of ways to make money without starting with more than $50.
2. You build experience while continuing your education. This
is huge, most people go to school then enter a career. If you do both
at the same time, you increase your career trajectory exponentially
while applying your education in real time. If you don’t hit big
success, your experience will likely land you a better job with higher
pay more early in your career.
3. Failing isn’t the end of the world. You’re
young… there is usually a soft landing for failing and people celebrate
you anyways for trying. You can also keep trying until you do. Success
is usually a process of failing multiple times.
4. You have more time. Hard to argue.
5. If you are successful, you build wealth faster. Again,
you usually don’t have a lot of bills to worry about nor have you
accustomed yourself to a better lifestyle like almost everyone does as
they get older. Even if you contribute to your family, your personal
overhead is low. You do have to be careful not to squander your wealth
on stupid things at a young age. Invest it a young age and you’l be set
for life with a growing earning potential in what you do as well.
THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO START THEN WHEN YOU ARE SUPER YOUNG. If
you aren’t super young, there is no better time to start than when you
are young (<30 before life commitments go up). If you are older than
that, there is no better time to start than now.
No comments:
Post a Comment